Our Family

Our Family

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Procrastinated and created

So I have procrastinated. And procrastinated. And some more. Then I created this blog. And let it sit there for a few weeks while I procrastinated some more. And now I am writing, still deciding if I will post this anyway (guess if you are reading this I decided to do it!!)

I just can't decide to blog or not to blog. Part of me wants to. Part of me doesn't. Part of me says "why shouldn't I?", the other part of me says, "why should I?" Part of me loves to write a blog. Part of me can't be bothered. Part of me says, "who's going to want to read it anyway?", the other part of me says, "well, I do have some friends - and family - far away who may just want to keep up with our family"

So, anyway, for the sake of finding out which part of me wins, I will try. Procrastination is over...for now. Here is my first post on our new blog. Its title (as you, being as observent as you are, would have noticed) is "All Hemmed In", so named because the idea of being "hemmed in" comes from my all time favourite Psalm - number 139 (which happens to be quoted - if I have set up this blog properly - to the side of this blog). And that combined with my love of sewing/crocheting (which I hope to be doing a lot more of now that I am in Australia - the sewing bit will only happen if our boxes ever arrive carrying my sewing machine in them) which helps me understand that image of being all hemmed in by God - gave birth to this blog's title. When I think of a hem bordering a garment or other sewing item, and I think of God acting as a hem around us, then I feel pretty content.

And since, when keeping readers content, some photo content is usually warranted, I thought I may as well add a few, just a few.

I couldn't help posting this great photo taken of Ian and Nad during our recent time together in Cairns.



And I wanted to share this cute picture of Kirilee on the skyrail in Cairns (which our dear Tasmanian friends treated us to whilst in Cairns with us):


And some photos of our school girls - Ashlyn is enjoying grade 1:





Shiana and her dear friend Chloe (who was over for a sleep over):



And meet Karlyn - the new crocheted addition to the family - don't you love Ashlyn's name choice? It was something else before, but now she has settled on "Karlyn" - she misses her friend Karlyn a lot! You will find the pattern for her (the crocheted version, that is) here (though, as usually happens, the pattern has changed a bit from the original - and you may have to sign up to view the pattern)


....till next time... perhaps...if I spend lest time procrastinating and more time creating....

13 comments:

  1. How exciting that I can be your first commentator :)
    My opinion - for what its worth - is that you are in an enviable position to live life in the society where most of us readers live, but you have the experience of a completely different life, and so can bring so much more to our lives. NOt sure if that makes sense - if it doesnt blame night duty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Joyce... I have lost the link to your blog BTW when our computer died, and would love it back. I am sure I will still be able to log in as my google account hasn't changed. Maybe you can message me on FB with the link when you get a chance???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nat,
    I'm very glad you decided to continue blogging for now. It's a great means for not only keeping others up to date with your lives but also for yourselves to look back on later, a journal of whatever road life takes you on. Have you ever heard of turning your blog into a book? Well, thats why I keep blogging...so that I can create a book of my blog and its all there. I hope you don't keep procastinating because we would miss you!! I had even kept checking your PNG blog just in case you had posted something. I give you my vote to keep blogging :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Helen,

    Thanks for the vote! I always enjoying your blog too! Actually, I am in the proces of turning our blog of PNG into a book using BLURB. It's quite the job, but I can't wait to have it done and on my coffee table!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the photos nat and do continue to blog , great way to keep up with the family even if only ten minutes away,(being in the west albany boundary )it hard to catch up, will try to arrange a visit soon.
    all our love A johanna

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did enjoy reading it...and the pics! God bless you in your "new" task! I am sure you will be missed in PNG!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with Joyce, you have had an experience not many others have had so you can bring a different perspective on life. You have my vote to keep blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I too missed your blogs recently and would love to keep in contact in this way via your blog. I sometimes wonder whether its worth keeping mine up too. particularly cos we have a family blog. but not everyone sees that of course. I too have particularly loved Ps 139 and the verse about God seeing and being with us everywhere, even on the far side of the ocean. such a comfort!
    I look forward to your posts from Albany. And I hope your things arrive soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Natalie
    Great way for us to know how you are all doing and once in a while send a comment to keep in touch! You also love to write and are good at it, so keep using that talent!! Enjoy your "new life" back home and enjoy your family!! wilma

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Natalie

    Gefeliciteerd met je nieuwe blog.
    Ik zal het met belangstelling weer volgen

    Regards Henk.
    oet grunning NL

    ReplyDelete
  11. And I will go along with Henk:

    Gefeliciteerd met je nieuwe blog.
    Ik zal het met belangstelling weer volgen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Nat,
    Im glad your still writing a blog, you're an amazing writer, very talented indeed!! I can't wait to see some of your sewing up here too.
    enjoy your new journey and i'm glad I can keep in touch with you on here and hope I can catch you soon down in Albany one day.
    Love Nat with out an 'e'

    ReplyDelete
  13. Arco and Jacqueline van der HoutMarch 7, 2011 at 6:10 AM

    Hi Natalie (and Andrew:)),

    I just finished reading a few blogs from you from the past months...so sad to read that you left PNG but thankful for all the work you were able to do there by God's grace. I'm also sad that our lives went unexpectedly different directions but am looking forward till the time when we will meet again(which will probably be in heaven:))God bless you as you start this new chapter in your life. I know from experience that it's not easy, but God's love, strenght and power is sufficient in every way!! He will continue to guide you and help you as you allow Him to do so. I will pray for you all as you adjust to live in Aussie land. Love & prayers, Jacqueline van der Hout 4 Arco 2

    ReplyDelete