Our Family

Our Family

Monday, March 14, 2011

The dog blogged

Guest blogger today of the canine variety:

Okay so the mrs has got me on the computer.  Like, hello!?  Since when is the qwerty keyboard designed for paws? You try and get up on there, throw the old paw on the keyboard and woah, all you get is adklffffffffawioeusfjldfkallllllwefwlkallllllllllllefaaadkhf jweiu jnbsdk bggggga fdddddddwerouia.   
But, hey, I've been learning pretty quickly that you do as the mrs (and the man who lives here too) says or you're in the bad books pretty quick.  Take that flipp'n beeping thing they wrapped around my neck.  Every time I get  a wiff of a pretty lady prancing up the street, or a fine fellow companion marching down the road, and I want to head out and say hello (I do have manners, you know!) I head to the fence and the rotten collar starts beeping at me.  And see, the thing is, when the beeps go it starts shaking and then take one more teeny tiny step toward that fence line and "ZAAAPPP"  - straight in the neck.  Sends me yelping and prancing around the block big time.  But I've got it all figured out now.  STEER CLEAR OF THE FENCES and you'll be fine.  Must only be a dog problem though, because those kids do anything they like near the fences and I don't see them yelping and running.  Oh, and BTW (Check out that computer lingo - not bad for a canine, hey?) if they put me on the lead and walk me out the gate (they take the rotten collar off my neck) telling me it's okay, then it's all good, and I'm outta there like a dog's dinner.

Guess, seeing as I'm introducing myself to you all and that, you probably want a bit of my history.  They tell me I'm about 5 years old, but I haven't been counting. Used to belong to a kind old man on a nice farm, but then well he got old and I lost my friend.  Sad thing that, losing a friend.  So this man with RSPCA on his badge came and got me and they gave me to another man and lady (really nice people) to look after me.  They were really good to me, but they kept telling me they had to find another place for me (and I overheard them saying really quietly one day - quietly for humans anyway; when are they going to realise that dogs hear things way better than they do? - that if they couldn't find a place for me they would have to put me to sleep.  I mean, put me to sleep???  Since when do I need humans to put me to sleep?  I manage that quite fine on my own, thank you!)  Anyway, one Saturday they put me on show at the shop in town with RSPCA written on the window and mrs and her man and their three kids came and saw me.  They were pretty nice to me, though mrs didn't appreciate the I-want-to-come-home-with-you-kiss I slobbered all over her face (and that, after I made it an extra-special-slobbery-as-I-could kiss and all!)  The middle girl loved me right away and gave me heaps of hugs.  The other two, well, I've got them sorted now, and the love me heaps too.  

Well, I've been in this family for about a week now.  It's been pretty good.  They let me sleep in the laundry on this nice bed thing mrs bought for me.  At night when the family is still up I get to be inside with them, though try and get up and you get this "On your mat, Jojo" happening pretty quickly.  First light of the morning comes and the fella takes me for a run.  Best thing about this place is down the road they've got great dirty creeks, and I head straight in for a swim every morning.  And they've got heaps of bushtracks where I get to run and run and run.  Mrs takes me for a walk later on in the day.  She's a bit slower, though, and she keeps me on a tight lead most of the time, though she does talk to me lots and I kind of like that.  Oh, and she does let me off the lead some of the time.

The kids are great.  The little one thinks I listen to her, but she just tells me to do things after I've already done them.  Like, you know, I sit down and then she tells me to sit and then the best thing is she gives me a great big pat and says "good boy" and is all proud of herself.  Sometimes after dinner the kids and the mrs and fella have races with me up the paddock.  I always win.

Anyhow, gotta run.  Got a half chewed doggy bone just waiting for me to finish it and  soon the kiddies will be home and doing their, "Jojo sit, and Jojo fetch and Jojo come" routine.  I better be all rested out and ready for that!

Psssttt.  Just so you know how handsome I am, I slipped in a few pics.  Getting that SD card in the computer to transfer the pics was quite the paw twister, but I got there:

Here's me - Handsome don't you think?
That's me hang'n out with the girls
yeah, they're teaching me tricks and stuff
This girl just loves hugging me - and, hey, I'm not complaining

Just a charmer

4 comments:

  1. Love it Nat - great post, you really do have the gift of the gab.
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to meet you, JoJo!

    Although I guess I expected the mrs next canine companion to be named Cliche II. Maybe you should try meeting my parent's Rufus v2 (or my brother's rather).

    Thanks for the wonderful perspective on your new home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just hilarius Natalie. Thanks for the post. I love your new dog already! Is Jojo getting a cat friend soon?
    Jodie

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a friendly looking dog, can't wait to meet you Jojo . just behave and stay put and listen to mrs and mr and kids then they will love you even when you occaionally dig a dam or chew a shoe or 2 . Have lots of fun.
    johanna

    ReplyDelete